Tuesday, August 11, 2020

For Life

And you’re somehow a part of me now
You’ve taken the best
Forsaken the rest
And what’s left is far better than gold
More sprite-full than youth
With wisdom of old
Like a savory dish in a succulent sauce
You bring hope to life
Bring meaning to loss

So I prepare my heart
Take head to the notion
I look closer at art
I go swim in the ocean
For life

‘Cause I know there’s a day it’ll all go away
This lifetime affair
A sudden wisp in the air
So I beg of my love be with me today
Hold my tender hand right
Kiss my neck in the night
Strengthen the bond we’ve grown together as one
Husband and wife
Together we’ve won

Let’s prepare our hearts
Take head to the notion
Let’s make our own art
Let’s go swim in the ocean
For life


By Royce Waxenfelter 8/9/20

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...