Thursday, August 20, 2020

Motive for Motivation

A sinker on the lure
My will to surface
An anchor in the deep

An empty coffee cup
When I need a double shot
Fog conceals ideas

Then the light breaks through! 
Birds aloft in flight
Love and laughter lift me
Revealing possible, grasping might

Eyelids made of stone
I can’t wake today
My bed a magnet

Darkness hides me
I’m locked away
Sleep, my prison

Then the light breaks through!
Suddenly alive
A friends’ smile lifts me
Revealing possible, I can thrive

Pressure drags me down
I succumb to doubt
Demoralized by self

A wall of failure
Blots my view
Halts progression

Then the light breaks through!
I accept God’s grace
The Holy Spirit lifts me
Revealing possible, I’ll win this race!

By Royce Waxenfelter
8/20/20

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...