Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Insert Apology

Stout walls surround me, to advice I’m not adhering
I’m still right here where you found me, but you long to forge ahead to greater things
 
I won’t grow or move or heed to any wisdom
That’s not who I am, not part of my kingdom
Now you won’t ever see me eye to eye
Because the walls of my heart are solidified
 
As stubborn as a mule, I’m not listening
As sure as the gloss on your lips is still glistening
It’d take all the king’s men and horses to budge me
So if you want it baby, here, insert apology
 
Stout walls surround me, to advice I’m not adhering
I’m still right here where you found me, but you long to forge ahead to greater things
 
A donkey makes a choice to stand his ground
I stomp and scream and get so mad my fists will pound
There’s a glorious prize waiting just beyond the hill
But I’d have to relinquish my pride, give up my persistent will

As broken as the vase I threw down on the floor
But I won’t cry when you decide you’re out the door
It won’t take long to get to know my depths, consider me
And if you want to baby, here, insert apology
 
It’s not part of my mindset or biology
So if you expect it baby, here, insert apology
 
By Royce Waxenfelter
11.28.23

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...