Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Genetic Defect

When I was blind my colors were sounds
My fears were astounding of fast cars and depth
My thoughts were my phobias put to the test

When I was paralyzed, feelings were sounds
My mind was abounding in jealous convictions
My limbs were just dangling and useless restrictions

When I was deaf, sounds were my colors
My eyes were on others unappreciative of ears
My glands often filling up, swelling with tears

When I was healthy I took it for granted
My views had been slanted by a "better than" feeling
My sight, sound, and texture had lost all their meaning

by Royce Waxenfelter
7/12/90

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...