Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Archipelagos

My Archipelagos
Shaped like many mini-'fros
Wake the feeling in my toes
And tilt implications, gamble on Pete Rose

"My oh my", the fellow goes
Who puts concentration in nice little rows
And wades like a fisherman into the throws
Hunting aboves and far down belows

Exasperation takes me there
Caveat Emptor - the buyer beware
In a sense making cents just doesn't seem fair
Catapulting irony into the air

Taken a-gasp by a murder of Crows
Uncomprehending a number of those
Who escaped with a plan the conscience knows
Is the only reality, admittedly so

Then raise your fist, open or closed
Smack down the question, hit the unknowns
Shake the disease from your shivering bones
And take the excitement in clear blue tones

I'll send like a swallow into the air
Then splendor the ears and every hare
Preparing a pallet for plentiful pare
Saturating silence with the mind I share

by Royce Waxenfelter
5/3/00

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...