Friday, August 4, 2023

Hell Draws Nigh

       Boughs they are swaying

       Horses are braying

       Clouds in the sky are swiftly not staying


There is a storm on the horizon 

Its time drawing nigh

I look deep in her eyes and

I say, “We’ve got to fly”


Away from impending doom

Away from all dread

Where peace overrules gloom

Like a comforting bed


       A tempest is turning

       Forests are burning

       I scarcely have time to deliver my warning


Flee from destruction

Head to high ground

Escape the abduction

Of the ravenous hound


There is a great surging wave

Dark clouds appear

Which souls will be saved

Which souls remain in fear


       Some scoff and shun me

       Some try to outrun me

       I run to my savior whose sacrifice won me


Why wait for disaster

Just to see if it’s real

Go instead to the Master

He will hear your appeal


Whisked away from eternal damnation

Removed from harm’s way

To a brand new creation

Heaven’s glorious array


Will you cringe, will you cry

Slowly open one eye

What is your plan now that Hell draws nigh?


By Royce Waxenfelter

8/4/23

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...