Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wedding Planning Blues

I’ve got worries, worries on my mind
I’ve got worries that ain’t even mine
See my Baby’s getting married soon
& she’s stressed in every way, shape, & kind

I’ve got options, options for to choose
I’ve got options - that ain’t always good news
See my Baby’s walking the aisle soon
& she’s got so many choices she’s got the blues

We’ve got money, money goin’ away
We’ve got money gone ‘bout every day
See my Baby’s wedding day is soon
& she’s got stuff to buy without further delay

I’ve got loving, loving in my plans
I’ve got loving thoughts - every way we can
See my baby’s gonna wed me soon
but she has no time for love - there’s way too much to plan

I’ve got smiling, smiling on and on
I’ve got smiling ‘cause the stress will soon be gone
See my Baby’s gonna say “I do”
& she’ll be worry free from then on

I’ve got wedding, wedding day oh happy tune
I’ve got wedding and it couldn’t come too soon
See my Baby won’t have wedding planning blues
When we’re on our honeymoon!!

by Royce Waxenfelter
11/2/06

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...