Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blown and Tossed

I asked God for wisdom at a pretty early age
Gracefully He granted it but I did not engage

I followed my wants and I followed my friends
I got blown and tossed around by cold uncaring winds

Drowning in sin and sorrow, I came to desperation
My only hope was try to go and seek God’s navigation

He lifted me up and He bailed me out
He saved my life from being blown and tossed about

Through His Word I finally made the connection
Life is not meant to live without God’s direction

If you ever find your life adrift without a sail or rudder
And all your thoughts are hopeless and your life is in the gutter

You shouldn’t sit around and wallow in your doubt
The King of Kings can rescue you, He’ll come and bail you out

by Royce Waxenfelter
5/6/03

(from James 1:6)

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...