Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Creation Sensation

I look up at the stars and they whisper to me

“I bet you wish you could see what we see.”

I feel the river rushing over me

It says “With rhythm and ripple I do not congeal.”

The blackberry thorn digs into my skin

Tells me “Thorns are a byproduct of mankind’s sin.”

Ink from a squid fills up my pen

It writes “Wonder and wandering are lessons of wind.”

 

Can you taste the elation of a fresh fig explosion

Echo joy abounding without erosion?

Everything you see has a message for you

Do you watch intently to reveal creation’s truth?

 

The face of a cliff looms tall up ahead

Says “Wisdom and knowledge are far from dead.”

The gems in the earth hide glory and call

“Dig deep to reveal a wonderous haul.”

The snow falling gently like dogwood’s in bloom

Sings “My shapes, they all vary, like sands on a dune.”

I trip on a rock jutting out of the ground

“My exterior is jagged like your feelings.” Profound.

 

Can you hear repetition in waves of the ocean?

The drumming, the pounding, the timeless emotion?

Everything you feel has a message for you

Do you absorb intently creation’s truth?

 

Shrimp ‘neath the water go clickety clack

The precursory sound of a train on a track

Does the energy shrimp use to rub legs together

Match the upward thrust of a Peregrines’ feather?

If so, one is silent and the other is loud

Is there a lesson, can we sound it all out?

Can we communicate utterances to all living things?

Whistle calls of hello as the songbird sings?

 

I will ask the Creator, only He knows

The language of all, as to all He bestows.

Everything you hear has a message for you

Do you listen intently to hear the Creator’s truth?

 

By Royce Waxenfelter

9/19/23

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...