Monday, May 3, 2021

The End of Revenge

I once had a dream

Though it was not my own

To call up a storm

And make it my throne


It swirled round about me

It lifted me high

The lightning around me

Gave a thunderous cry


It filled me with power

To judge human kind

Without God’s discretion

With only my mind


So I traveled the oceans

I sped across land

I dealt blows to the wicked

With bolts from my hand


When I was finished

Not a single soul left

They had all been deemed wicked

At my whim, Earth bereft


But the storm kept raging

Tore every mountainous peak

It was hungry for justice

But whom did it seek?


As I rode the whirlwind

Across the face of a lake

I saw my reflection

Realized my mistake


The storm wasn’t finished

Retribution at hand

It was me it was seeking

To exact reprimand


As I woke from my vision

Knew my deserved plight

Could I ever escape it?

Could I change wrong to right?


So I went to the Creator

I asked for forgiveness

He washed my heart clean

From my own wickedness


Now when the storm seeks its vengeance

I seek help from above

By grace I escape it

‘Neath the banner of His love


If you ride the revenge storm

Until you see your reflection

Look to Jesus, He’ll save you

Provide Himself as protection


By Royce Waxenfelter

5/3/21


Note: Romans 3:23-24 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”


No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...