Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Be You

Be You

Who knows your stuff who knows your soul
Who dishes you out and licks the bowl
Hiding yourself will take a toll
Join my tangent, take a stroll

Off the beaten path I go
A feather or a flake of snow
I catch a breeze and begin to blow
My mind puts on a clashing show

Sailing drifting in the sea
Turquoise waters cover me
I start sinking feeling free
From the weight of being me

Then i began to realize 
The times we have are like the skies
When we're dark it's a disguise
Enlighten me, open my eyes

Slightly shaken, trembling quake
It's taken years to shake the fake
Reality sets in as I undertake
To show the world my grand mistake

A soft orange petal drifts away
Carrying its scent to another day
I've lost my sense of pure dismay
But I caught a glimpse of passion's play

It sneaks around yet flaunts aloud
And wins the day, excites the crowd
Frightens me then makes me proud
Like lightning from a thunder cloud

Whistle with the glistening green
Whispering wind what do you mean?
Are you forever sight unseen 
Pure and violent, strong and clean

Salutations are amiss
I've wasted time, disheveled bliss
A wandering pathway gets the gist
And returns the favor with a kiss

When I dreamt that you were mine 
I tasted your love like zest of lime
With a lick the kick just split my mind
Still reels from the appealing rind

But life is bland without some spice
Fire up the grill and stir the rice
Take out the pie and my advice
Serve your smile in every slice

By Royce Waxenfelter 10/22/15

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...