Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sharing Pictures

See me sitting there
Signing documents
See me standing there
With my best friend

See me lying there
Flowers everywhere
See me in the air
Without my best friend

And I still believe we've wondered
And I've watched the watch repaired
Sipping on distinction
Swallowing despair

See me floundering
Foretelling testaments
See me inconsiderate
Of my best friend

See me young at heart
Underdevelopment
See me wasting time
Without my best friend

And I'll tell you all the tales
And I'll skew the evidence
Reconstruct the fables
Filtered light refracts all sense

See me all washed out
Lacking deliverance
See my faded glow
Where is my best friend

See my silver line
See my layered cloud of hope
See the angles change
Here comes my best friend

See me colorful
Painting monuments
See me sampling fare
Beside my best friend

See me staking claim
At the carnival
See me fly above
Above my best friend

And I will relive my moments
And I'll conjure memories
Make a deep connection
When nobody cares

See the opulence
See the innocence
See me on the fence
Before my best friend

See me fighting there
Scaled embattlements
See the scars I earned
To find my best friend

And I killed the other memories
Unintentional wiped slate
Missing pictures never taken
Disappeared experience

See me laughing there
We're victorious
See me holding hands
With my best friend

See the grand design
See the influence
See the light break through
With my best friend

By Royce Waxenfelter
6/28/14

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...