Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Word Leader

As I walked a cross a minefield of lyrics
A saturated mind filled with lyrics
My message was blown apart
By Napoleon Bonaparte
He fought and conquered many worlds
As I battle back the world with words
Believing he was his nation extending
As my trust perceives imagination pretending
Perhaps you’d be pretending too
If you were at your Waterloo

Now every word’s a story and every phrase a clue
And every allegory is thrown into my stew
Will my ideas become obscure, clouds covering the moon at night?
Or, will miracles endure (if I am right) and by God’s blessing I can write?

By Royce Waxenfelter
7/12/91

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...