Friday, December 12, 2008

Every Crowd

I am runnin' on fertile ground
Disputes tucked back behind me now
Every detail thing affects my being
I'll be runnin' with every crowd

Hazy bright violet breaks through the rain
And the wind fells mean outside your door
When there's thunder and hail from every cloud
I'll be runnin' with every crowd

See you with your mystic eyes
Sharp gusts whistle through the skies
White spears of light spread up and down
And you'll be runnin' with every crowd

Prints of our feet left in the mud
Deep into fields long since been plowed
Sweet scents from silk left on the ground
And we'll have run with every crowd

by Royce Waxenfelter
12/4/88

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...