Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Plan

My mistake
My mistake was
Pushing Him out of my selfish way

And the way
And the way I
Denied His will and His plan for me

I learned that my way is not so good
I learned to trust Him and wait for good
And now get everything I need

Often times
Often times I
I take the easy way out it seems

Yet the days
Yet the days they
Seem to end up disastrously

So I’ll give Him my selfish mind
Trade it in for what He has in mind
Then in my life I’m no longer blind

So we wait
So we wait for
For His direction and guiding hand

And we give
And we give Him
Our life and trust that He has a plan

A plan of growth and development
And when we fall He lifts us up again
And forgives our mistakes and sins

God is good
God is good yeah
Yeah He wants what what’s best for me

And He knows
And He knows how
How to place me right underneath

Under the showers of blessing’s spout
Getting rid of the hurt and doubt
Building my spirit so strong and stout

By Royce Waxenfelter
2/3/09
To the tune of “Time We Had” by The Mother Hips

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hey Cuz~ I just left a comment on Aaron's blog too. I never knew you guys had blogs! Your folks knew I had one and never mentioned yours!! I didn't know you were a poet. I will have to come back when I can read for a while. Holly has a blog now too. It is www.middleearthmaiden.blogspot.com How are you guys doing?? I have been posting on Matt and Val's house burning down yesterday in the Oklahoma firestorm. You can visit my blog to see the video, etc.. My email address is on my blog too. I hope you are both well!
Love ya~ Sue

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...