Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

A simple note to keep me afloat
On the verge of sleep on the edge of deep
A drowsy blast of future past
A frightening derision of shaky vision
A combative notion, an infusion potion
Of dreamy nesting in prophetic questing
A superlative grant to rave and to rant
Now slipping closely to bliss that’s mostly
Void of reason, a shifting season
A foggy maze becomes a craze
To look ahead beyond the bed
To forecast back and forth the knack
Which breaks the seal that dreams reveal
Of smelting known yet to be shown
And brings to light this pilgrim’s plight
The story’s there but in despair
I cannot grasp through my throaty rasp
Because I have not taken the rest forsaken
In my selfish will to fill the bill
Of worldly earning in lieu of the yearning
To gather a yield behind a stout shield
Of spiritual power and the soulful shower
Bestowed by the Master, the universe caster
Who invented the notion of moon and the ocean
The magnetic pull of nighttime and so
I should really go sleep and embrace the deep
I missed it last night so now I just might
Fall asleep on my keyboard because of my need for
A rechargeable body which has grown to be shoddy
So goodbye open eye, in dreams I shall fly!

by Royce Waxenfelter
5/26/06

No comments:

Apple Butter

Across the seas in an old clay jar A journey vast, a journey far A small seed hidden amongst the cargo From Portugal west, on past Key Largo...