Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Challenge

If the world heard music like me
We'd all sing in harmony
We'd all have voices clear and rich
Even baseball players would have perfect pitch

My notes are colors and stories
That take away my worries
All the sound begins with Christ the King
I understand, that's why I sing

You can try to try all you want to make the music dead
But that's a chore that won't get done
Because there's music in my head

I feel that I've been blessed by God
With sound senses spectacular
I feel that He gave me the nod
And I received a great vernacular

Won't cease, won't end, won't be complete
The music I hear won't miss a beat
And the sun is not as bright in June
As the sound I hear in every tune

So try all you like, pull the plug on me
Still I'll listen in my head
Because there's music in the colors I see

by Royce Waxenfelter
11/27/89

No comments:

The Voice of the Israelites

God heard the voice of the Israelites And this is what they sang They sang “Bring us back to the mother land Away from this mud, straw and c...